Home >> Visit
Tuesday-Friday: 12:00 - 5:00 pm
Saturday: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Library & Research Center:
Thursday: 12:00 - 5:00 pm
Friday - Saturday: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Monday-Saturday: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
The CHS is closed New Year's Day, Independence Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. The store is closed on Monday holidays.
Please note that the Waterman Research Center will be closed Friday, April 4 and Saturday, April 5 to accommodate a research group from the New England Historic Genealogical Society.
Admission is FREE for CHS members and children 5 and under.
One-day admission prices:
$6 Seniors (65 and over)
$4 Students (with valid college ID) and Youth (6-17)
Multi-visit passes to the Research Center:
Adults (3 visits): $21
Seniors (3 visits): $15
Students and Youth (5 visits): $15
Admission fees may apply to programs and events. Please call (860) 236-5621 for information.
For information about group tours of the museum for adults, visit the Adult Group Tours page or contact email@example.com or (860) 236-5621 x232. For group tours and museum programs for kids, please visit the Education section of this site or contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (860) 236-5621 x232.
The Connecticut Historical Society is located in the West End of Hartford, at the corner of Elizabeth Street and Asylum Avenue. There is ample free parking available. Bus parking is available behind the building, in the Asylum Street lot. You can download printable driving directions and map at the bottom of this page.
- Take exit 46 (Sisson Avenue.)
- Turn right at the end of the exit ramp onto Sisson Avenue.
- At second traffic light, turn left onto Farmington Avenue.
- Take first right onto Girard Avenue.
- At second intersection, turn right onto Elizabeth Street.
- The Connecticut Historical Society is the second drive on the right (after the UConn School of Law.)
From Albany Avenue (Route 44) and points northwest:
- From Albany Avenue, turn right at Scarborough Street.
- Scarborough Street becomes Whitney Street as you cross Asylum Avenue.
- Continue on Whitney Street to the next intersection.
- Turn left at traffic light onto Elizabeth Street.
- Drive two blocks. The CHS is on the right in the third block (after the UConn School of Law.)
- The 72A Route (ASYLUM AV-Bishops Corner-Cigna) will get you to the corner of Asylum Avenue and Elizabeth Street. The 72F(ASYLUM AV-Fern St) will drop you off right in front of the CHS.
- The 74 Route (GRANBY ST-Copaco-Seabury) will drop you off at Asylum Avenue and Woodland Street, from there walk west to the corner of Asylum Avenue and Elizabeth Street. The CHS will be on the south (left) side.
- The 60, 62, 64, and 66 Routes have stops at Farmington Avenue and Girard Avenue. From there, walk two blocks down Girard Avenue to Elizabeth Street and turn right. The CHS is the second driveway on the right.
- For additional information and options, visit www.cttransit.com.
CHS Directions & Map.pdf
Download (128 KB)